Kids Summer time fun, river swimming and jumping bridges

Lets always try to encourage kids to get outside and into nature. Kids, make sure you have your parents permission to be on these forums. Thank you.
k-villa

Kids Summer time fun, river swimming and jumping bridges

Postby k-villa » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:43 am

1st two pics, Three Bridges NJ, 12ft bridge jump.
Last two pics, Camp Carr Trestle, approx 16ft bridge jump, never built up the courage, age 9

1st trip was at 3 Bridges NJ with Trisman and his friend. Hit a yardsale Saturday and bridge was loaded with kids of all ages jumping. Fished the spot years ago and did well. Kid and I jump a lot on 1st outing ever, this year. Approx 12 ft jump.

This past weekend, annual camping at Camp Carr YMCA, Clinton NJ. Railroad Trestle just north of camp site and the big proof starting at approx 16 feet. "God" as they call at the top of the trestle is approx 40 or more feet. The kid stood on bridge and pipes often looking ready to do it for 30 mins. Courage built up many times to finally jump (the old man did mind you), but he never could just take the fall. Was upset with himself for not doing it, but was hard jump for a 9 year old. Big heavy train going by only adds to the atmosphere.

Great helping teenagers tried helping him tremendously and youth today are still good. One reminded me very much of River Phoenix in Stand By Me, all tough guys all living life on the edge, 30 times they biked there, ran when cops showed, etc. Both spots, youth, swearing, bonding, building relationships, living the "best" and most "meaningful" years of their lives, lot of cursing and proving who they are, but all relatively good kids. Teach them young and later in their years they fall back, is a powerful Proverbs verse and most important. Teenagers were sad to see us go and said goodbye, felt bad with didn't 1st say we were leaving. Great memorable day for us and shared with strangers.

Anyways, headed back to 3 Bridges NJ after the Camp Carr failure to plunge and now this bridge wasn't too bad to tackle. The kid does a flip for the 1st time and with no surprise it was flawless. 5 flips later and with only 30 mins at the river, he was happy and ok to leave, due to adult time issues. For me, cold river felt good on a hot humid day and after work and good to see him have fun. Time goes by quick. Speaking of adult issues, up early tomorrow and long day as it is, what's new. Sleep is over rated... I guess, 15 min power nap maybe needed tomorrow if possible, but doubtful.
Attachments
bridge jumping 2016 3 bridges nj s branch raritan river.JPG
bridge jumping 2016 3 bridges nj south branch raritan river.JPG
camp carr ymca clinton nj bridge jumping at trestle.JPG
building courage bridge jumping camp carr ymca railroad trestle NJ.JPG
Concept Believer - faith in your archery equipment
Concept P50 - 9 for 11 on gray squirrels
Both bows are tack drivers!

Russman

Re: Kids Summer time fun, river swimming and jumping bridges

Postby Russman » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:57 pm

Always fun, I recall you falling off the Harmony Trestle cause you were undecided on jumping and you leaned little to far forward and lost, that was a 39 foot fall. Spent many hours and days there

k-villa

Postby k-villa » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:09 pm

Told that story to Trisman and now remember it well. Thought it was on an attempt to do a flip, something the young lad perfected on his 1st try, but yes it was as I pushed myself off the edge in a seated position. slightly rotated and hit chest head first and it hurt. 39 feet wow
Concept Believer - faith in your archery equipment
Concept P50 - 9 for 11 on gray squirrels
Both bows are tack drivers!

Russman

Postby Russman » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:20 pm

Bam and that's how it happened even got 2 witnesses to back it up lol. Tell Tristan any story you want we got you back

Return to “Kids Corner”