close call

What we love the most.
mike08

close call

Postby mike08 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:11 pm

after non stop days of hunting i finally drew back on a nice jersey 8 point but car horns went off. gotta love neighbors.

ca-archer
Site Admin

Re: close call

Postby ca-archer » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:34 pm

I once had a doe stop one step from my shooting lane and from a distance there was a hot air balloon slowly moving our way. Sure enough five minutes later the balloon flies overhead, lets off it's loud burner and the deer takes off on a full run. I love hunting out west or mid-west even. You don't even hear planes never mind cars, dogs, neighbors on cell phones, cutting grass or running leaf blowers. It's suburban NJ hunting. ---Welcome to the boards

Up North

Postby Up North » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:22 pm

I feel your pain. I've been there. I hunt the burbs and love it when I have a chance to get out away from civilization. I usually have stray dogs, car horns, leaf blowers, going on. Though the deer are used to the noises, they will still startle from them. And that can botch your chances.
Concept Archery - The Believer
Concept Archery - Mini-29
Concept Archery - C-32

One of a kind, Hand made, Waterworth Hickory Longbow

ca-archer
Site Admin

Postby ca-archer » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:03 pm

can also add to your chances. I remember motor cycles helping me on a stalk. A chainsaw running by me to think the deer were safe. A guy in his shed not knowing push deer to me.

Stalking is one of my best modes of hunting and so many no longer do it. Slow and quiet goes the stealthy Indian. And speaking of indians, the hatchet head I found may not be a hatchet head.

Return to “Bowhunting”