Good Morning All

morning-sunshine

Good Morning All

Postby morning-sunshine » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:46 pm

Good morning, and not sunny here today in NJ. I'm morning-sunshine, also better known as the wife of the owner of these forums. Forums are new to me and this is my first ever topic on a forum. It seems easy enough and somewhat similar to Facebook.

I don't hunt, but sure do eat a lot of wild game, mostly venison that my hubby cooks. We often split the cooking responsibility of the household. I do enjoy making pastries, pies, cookies in addition to healthy foods. This summer I made 13 apple pies. My favorite past time is working in my flower gardens. I will see if I can add some pictures of my flowers to the gardening section of this website. Two other hobbies I like to do is crocheting when I have time and playing music. My grandson and I are learning more and more songs on the guitar. He is also learning the drums and is taking weekly music lessons. For over 20 years my full time job is for a well drilling company so if anyone has well water questions I should be able to give some advice. Nice meeting all of you, some of whom I already know and quite well even though we've never met in person. Have a good day.

Up North

Re: Good Morning All

Postby Up North » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:16 am

Nice to meet you morning-sunshine. And since your hubby didn't officially welcome you, Welcome! He's still a pretty decent guy though.

I have a well question. How long do well pumps last on average? What are the factors involved? Just wondering when mine is gonna go kaput. It's been 11 years.
Concept Archery - The Believer
Concept Archery - Mini-29
Concept Archery - C-32

One of a kind, Hand made, Waterworth Hickory Longbow

ca-archer
Site Admin

Postby ca-archer » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:58 am

Well Mr. Up North, I'll make sure the Mrs, and yes Mrs. not misses, responds back to this post. She might miss it being new to forums n all. I will say 99% of the time I more than welcome her home, so on that note, welcome to the forums honey.

morning-sunshine

Postby morning-sunshine » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:05 am

Well pumps can last up to 30 years if you are lucky. I would say an average lifespan is about 15 years but I have seen ones that quit in 2 to 5 years. It all just depends if the pump was sized correctly for the depth it is set at and the yield of the well at Cetera I always tell customers if it's not broken don't fix. Things that can make your well pump burned out before it's time is a waterlogged storage tank. Make sure your tank is in good working condition. I am assuming that you have a submersible pump in your well and not a jet pump in your basement. But either way if your pump is continuously running or shutting on and off very quickly then your tank probably needs to be replaced or air charged or you may have a hole underground. Just something to look for

Return to “Introduce Yourself”