Hello All

Yooper

Hello All

Postby Yooper » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:26 am

Hello there. I go by many names, some not so pleasant and some that are pleasant. Yooper is one of the Pleasant ones. I grew up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, AKA, Gods country. I spend 9 years in the wonderful state of Wisconsin where I met several amazing people and learned a whole bunch. I started my outdoor adventures as a youngster in an old Iron Mining town. We had a lake, bluff, swamps, creeks, old iron ore stock piles, a flooded mine pit and woods. I had no choice but to learn the outdoors. Sometimes things were learned by accident and sometimes things were taught. By the age of 6 I was helping my dad with skinning and stretching muskrats and by the age of around 10, I was setting my own muskrat and mink traps. It was also this same age I starting walking through said terrain with my single shot 20 gauge looking for anything I could eat. Yes, I was 12, walking with a gun all by myself, sometimes with a friend, in the big north woods. It was the best growing up I can imagine. Bowhunting didn't come until the age of approx. 23 years old. A PSE Nova led my way but I never did shoot anything with it. I'm a fly fisherman, Hardware fisherman, Ice fisherman, Bow hunter, gun hunter, trapper and general outdoor lover. I look forward to learning more about each of you and telling you more about me. Take care and thanks for putting the forum together.

Russman

Re: Hello All

Postby Russman » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:22 pm

Welcome aboard

k-villa

Postby k-villa » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:45 am

Yooper is a good man and very knowledgeable woodsman for sure. Welcome aboard Yoop.
Concept Believer - faith in your archery equipment
Concept P50 - 9 for 11 on gray squirrels
Both bows are tack drivers!

Tris2025

Postby Tris2025 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:01 pm

hello Yooper. I am Tristan, I am the grandson of the guy who runs these forums. now i saw some pics of your trapping and i saw the pic of your dad. :) 8-) I love seeing all the videos and pics of your trapping up there in Michigan :) I hope you do well trapping see ya :) :D

Up North

Postby Up North » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:33 am

I'm a little late on the draw. Welcome aboard. I met a guy from the U.P. once..... ;)
Concept Archery - The Believer
Concept Archery - Mini-29
Concept Archery - C-32

One of a kind, Hand made, Waterworth Hickory Longbow

Return to “Introduce Yourself”