Quickest Easist summertime cold or iced tea

General recipes and of course we could never quite duplicate the ten star rating, but we'll try. Mom-moms, homemade, baking, jerky, all welcome.
k-villa

Quickest Easist summertime cold or iced tea

Postby k-villa » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:22 am

Two Lipton or other tea bags (or sometimes one if you're conservative) into a pitcher of cold tap water. Let sit over night in frig. Pour next day into tall glass on a hot day and add ice if you wish. Cold unsweetened tea beats water any day.

Added lemon is a nice twist (pun), or if wanted sweetened, in a small pot boil water and honey or mix a small batch of stirred sugar water, then add to pitcher. No need for a super hot kitchen boiling water and wasting lots of tea bags. And trust me, after a while it's sad when when the tea pitcher is empty.

A kvilla quote since age of nineteen: Tea. As good as eating your vegetablesTM. (I've got a few trademarked quotes) :geek:
Attachments
image.jpeg
Concept Believer - faith in your archery equipment
Concept P50 - 9 for 11 on gray squirrels
Both bows are tack drivers!

Russman

Re: Quickest Easist summertime cold or iced tea

Postby Russman » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:24 pm

Very good indeed, however to make it a true libation you forgot the Black Velvet. Mixed in takes on the taste of the tea. I make it with 3 table spoons of honey and a whole lemon. Cheers!
Attachments
20160710_122448.jpg

k-villa

Postby k-villa » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:49 am

Soon to have quiet a few mixes of my own: blackberry, gill, clover, chamomile, and golden rod to start, all currently drying or ready for ordered loose tea bags.

Still like my priced KY bourbon Heaven Hill with tea and other mixes - tea and Sprite mix half and half is good, good lemon sweet taste but not heavily sweet.

k-villa

Postby k-villa » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:35 am

Sometimes simple is tastiest. Heard two bags might be light one "conservative". Cold on hot day n good taste, and still sad when tea jar is empty is what I say.

Return to “Recipes”