k-villa 2016 Fishing Journal

For your records or to share with others, mark water temperature, river flow, how many fish caught, flies or bait used, etc.
k-villa

k-villa 2016 Fishing Journal

Postby k-villa » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:02 pm

Opening day of trout, no snow or rain like predicted, about low to mid 40 degrees. Fished Hoffman Park Pond for 280 broodstock ones were added. Approx 45 guys fishing, fished until 11:30. No fish caught by me, one big miss. Guys 75 yards from me caught the most, maybe 10 with the biggest of the morning for all, 4lbs or so. Another 2.5lb was caught by that group. Two other 2-3lb trout caught. Total 40 fish for morning. Bad start and a lot of smalls. Tris really sick for what was a total of 5 days.

That night fish 3 Bridges and catch one.

Sun afternoon Tris feeling better and wants to go. 3 Bridges again. Big carp at my feet. No trout caught.

Tues he wants to go again and for longer time being feeling better. I bring Bear Kodiak Magnum with spool real. Fish at my feet and shot over almost 20 times at point blank range in 2.5-3 feet of water. Once I aimed for my feet which was hard and scary and still hit high. Been itching to get back with the Concept P50.

Last night quick outing after homework was done, one strike but Tris found a minow jig like my favorite and made his night. Long walking back woods trip upcoming, nice warm days coming too :P
Concept Believer - faith in your archery equipment
Concept P50 - 9 for 11 on gray squirrels
Both bows are tack drivers!

k-villa

Re: k-villa 2016 Fishing Journal

Postby k-villa » Tue May 24, 2016 12:01 pm

Couple of times out for bowfishing carp, no connects.

A few times out for trout and kid had a good time, but very few catches.

Thanks to a good friend of mine, Dave Sichik of Garden State Guides, we caught 2 shad yesterday on the Delaware River. A 1st for me in over 20 years.
Attachments
shad delaware river 2016.JPG
Delaware River Shad
shad delaware river 2016.JPG (786.99 KiB) Viewed 286 times
Concept Believer - faith in your archery equipment
Concept P50 - 9 for 11 on gray squirrels
Both bows are tack drivers!

Return to “Fishing - Personal Yearly Journals”