Catfishing

From stream and ocean, to trout to tuna, what happened to your buddy...
Jonathan1985

Catfishing

Postby Jonathan1985 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:11 am

My favorite kind of fishing is Crappie. When the crappie slow down and move off the drops I go to catfishing. I grew up watching the honey suckles, when their full bloom its time to hit the water and start reeling in the catfish. I used a locally made stink bait made by a gentleman here in my home county. The photo below was a cooler I filled May 13th, 2016. It was on a Friday. 123 fish total. What are some baits your guys have had good luck with?
Attachments
image1.JPG
Jonathan Uschan
God Bless

k-villa

Re: Catfishing

Postby k-villa » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:19 pm

Holy Wow, nice catch. What do you do with all of them? Favorite recipe?

I can't say I've done much catfishing nor is it my favorite fish, although last year at CA5 in MO had the best corned catfish I ever ate, something like a 60 pounder and all white meat big steak. We normally go once or twice a year here on the Delaware River. We use chicken liver or frozen herring, which I believe is now protected?, for bait. We also catch some small striped bass on the chicken livers. Here's a pic of an average catfish from a few years ago.
Attachments
IMG_0895.JPG
Concept Believer - faith in your archery equipment
Concept P50 - 9 for 11 on gray squirrels
Both bows are tack drivers!

Jonathan1985

Postby Jonathan1985 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:46 am

I spent about 4 hours cleaning all the fish in that photo. I froze 20 quarts. As for an recipe I just like my fish in cornmeal and fried.

Our average fish are usually 2-10 lbs on the lake and 20-75+ below the dam on the lake. My favorite fishing is crappie fishing. I am building 12 attractors to put in the lake for next spring. As for catfish I just use a stink bait made by a gentleman here in our town.
Jonathan Uschan
God Bless

k-villa

Postby k-villa » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:55 am

I've always wanted to catch a big catfish. Everytime I cross the Mighty Mississippi I just want to catfish it at least once, not even sure if big ones in that area, just Huckleberry Finn and big catfish come to mind. Lord willing, one day.
Concept Believer - faith in your archery equipment
Concept P50 - 9 for 11 on gray squirrels
Both bows are tack drivers!

Return to “Fishing - General”