What'd ya know about the good ol' yellow Butter Cup

This topic and area will be monitored
User avatar
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:48 pm
Location: New Jersey

What'd ya know about the good ol' yellow Butter Cup

Postby k-villa » Tue May 24, 2016 6:13 pm

yup, poisonous. Those little, bright yellow flowers you hold up to your chin or to that of a girl you like, they contain acrid which is poisonous. Now picking several as a kid here in the US, no one that I know of has died, but there are several species of Butter Cups and even the ones here on the US contain amount of acrid which can cause skin blistering and be very poisonous to dog, cats, and livestock. And of course, who doesn't like butter...

A good friend and I went to an outside music festival at an organic farm last weekend and a field was loaded with yellow buttercups... sure hope they don't move livestock into the field.
poisonous buttercup.JPG
poisonous buttercup.JPG (593.61 KiB) Viewed 2431 times
buttercup yellow flower singe.JPG
buttercup yellow flower singe.JPG (714.51 KiB) Viewed 2431 times
Concept Believer - faith in your archery equipment
Concept P50 - 9 for 11 on gray squirrels
Both bows are tack drivers!

Return to “Avoid or Poisonous”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest