The miraculous & my personal favorite - the go to, the do all plant - the Jewel Weed

Medicinal wild plants - poison ivy, burns, stomach aches and more
ca-archer
Site Admin

The miraculous & my personal favorite - the go to, the do all plant - the Jewel Weed

Postby ca-archer » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:06 pm

The touch me not, or more correctly, the jewel weed. Great for cuts, burns, sun burn, poison ivy and edible for food and good source of clean water/fluids. The entire plant can be eaten or used. Grows almost everywhere poison ivy does and in moist environments such as near streams, swamps, rivers. The orange flowers can "shoot" off the seeds when touched, hence where it gets the name touch me not. Trust me it works on poison ivy and cuts. I blended several plants and strained the fluid, bottled and then refrigerate for several months - it cures cuts fast when a sponge or towel soaked in the juices is applied for an hour or more at a time. Young leaves can be boiled down into a cooked vegetable or just eat raw which is somewhat bland in taste, but will keep you alive if you needed to eat or drink - the stalks are filled with quenching/healing liquid.
Attachments
jewel_weed_plants.jpg
jewel_weed_plants.jpg (117.74 KiB) Viewed 964 times
touch me not or jewel weed.jpg
touch me not or jewel weed
touch me not or jewel weed.jpg (41.28 KiB) Viewed 954 times

k-villa

Re: The miraculous & my personal favorite - the go to, the do all plant - the Jewel Weed

Postby k-villa » Fri May 06, 2016 11:51 am

more of the jewel weed, early springtime 2016.

notice how it grows amongst the poison ivy. it is a poison ivy relief/healing aide. Good for skin, cuts and edible.
Attachments
jewel weed with poison ivy spring.JPG
jewel weed with poison ivy spring.JPG (3.43 MiB) Viewed 912 times
Concept Believer - faith in your archery equipment
Concept P50 - 9 for 11 on gray squirrels
Both bows are tack drivers!

Return to “Medicinal”