Luke 5:27-31 Jesus Calls Levi and Eats With Sinners

nj-rattler
Site Admin

Luke 5:27-31 Jesus Calls Levi and Eats With Sinners

Postby nj-rattler » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:57 pm

Luke 5:27-31New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Calls Levi and Eats With Sinners

27 After this, Jesus went out and saw a tax collector by the name of Levi sitting at his tax booth. “Follow me,” Jesus said to him, 28 and Levi got up, left everything and followed him.

29 Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. 30 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law who belonged to their sect complained to his disciples, “Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?”

31 Jesus answered them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.

- Levi then leaves his his money behind and follows Jesus, becoming Matthew, as in the one the Book is written about.
Paul is another one who is greatly transformed and writes most books in the New Testament.

nj-rattler
Site Admin

Re: Luke 5:27-31 Jesus Calls Levi and Eats With Sinners

Postby nj-rattler » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:37 pm

nothing wrong with having money either, harder than a camel going through an eye though. the love of money is "a" root of evil, not the root. camel's eye might often be referred to a small donkey-size opening through a fortified wall after hours, not the eye of a sewing needle? so not impossible, just hard. be on guard and God bless.

Russman

Postby Russman » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:40 pm

Not for nothing, but thank goodness I got an accountant. Thanks to Obamacare the IRS hit me with a $1,500 fine last year. Accountant found it so I'm getting back and additional $1,500 with no interest of course.
Working for the state I have good coverage however still pay around $450 a month, and yet they want MORE?

nj-rattler
Site Admin

Postby nj-rattler » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:19 pm

I would not submit without an accountant too, ours does amazing work and is up with all the forms and always knows those types of changes. Not impossible to work with or have money, just the story of Levi, the "love" of money however can destroy.

Taxes, well that's a whole nuther issue, try paying 11% (Pittman Robertson Act) on every bow sold, it all hurts, and well, we all pay the piper in various ways. Costs of living in NJ I guess also the reason why many are leaving. Pay to Caesar what is Caesar's, never had any issues nor plan on and thankfully.

Return to “Sermons, Bible Verses, Biblical Teachings”