We Are The Reel

Jonathan1985

We Are The Reel

Postby Jonathan1985 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:02 am

We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us.

- 2 Corinthians 5:20

Living on Lake Barkley and Kentucky Lake fishing is a way of life. Everyone has fancy cubby cabin's and high dollar bass boats. My boat is built for practicality and longevity. When I asked my dad if we would ever upgrade, his response was the difference between catchers and fishers. I would love to have a new boat, but its not about a new name brand boat. Its about who is controlling it, some of us look run down and everyone is rough around the edges somehow but God uses us anyway. The key is we are the boat, Jesus is the lure, and God is in control.
Jonathan Uschan
God Bless

k-villa

Re: We Are The Reel

Postby k-villa » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:26 am

People need to be real and often so many judge. Everyone has a stick in their eye, pull the plank out of yours first before you notice the twig in someone else's. Just because someone has money doesn't mean they're not blessed by God or vice versa. Jesus visited the weak, the troubled, the homeless, the mentally ill and the children. It's hard in society not to but we are instructed to do so, we all ultimately face death and the final judgement of all.
Concept Believer - faith in your archery equipment
Concept P50 - 9 for 11 on gray squirrels
Both bows are tack drivers!

k-villa

Postby k-villa » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:36 pm

I don't know if this says anything or not, but we probably sold more Christian Believer bows in your part of the country (KY, WV) than anywhere else - Bible Gateway, no? Once again not judging, but KY has some of the poorest populations but also lots of very very good people. God bless.
Concept Believer - faith in your archery equipment
Concept P50 - 9 for 11 on gray squirrels
Both bows are tack drivers!

Jonathan1985

Postby Jonathan1985 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:04 pm

k-villa wrote:I don't know if this says anything or not, but we probably sold more Christian Believer bows in your part of the country (KY, WV) than anywhere else - Bible Gateway, no? Once again not judging, but KY has some of the poorest populations but also lots of very very good people. God bless.

I agree. There is a lot of poverty in KY. Kentucky is full of simple country people who will give you the shirt off their back. I would go 10 miles out of my way to tow a boat in for someone in trouble in a heartbeat. Us KY people are strong in our walk with God also.
Jonathan Uschan
God Bless

Jonathan1985

Postby Jonathan1985 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:14 pm

I was kinda trying to base my devotional on materialistic wants. Why buy a new fancy boat when your old boat runs just fine.
Jonathan Uschan
God Bless

Return to “Sermons, Bible Verses, Biblical Teachings”