Bear Kodiak Magnum with Fred Bear autographed quiver

For the Trad Guys only - the Stick Bowmen.
k-villa

Bear Kodiak Magnum with Fred Bear autographed quiver

Postby k-villa » Wed May 11, 2016 8:13 pm

Many years ago within days after the purchase of Concept Archery, we attended the NJ Bowhunter's Game Dinner. One of the auctioned items that night was a near mint condition 45# Bear Kodiak Magnum with an old Bear quiver and two bear arrows tipped with Razorheads. What caught my attention other than this bow being in excellent condition for it's age, was an autographed quiver by the man himself, Fred Bear, signed 1977. This bow was donated to the United Bowhunters of NJ by Al Reader who originally was a NJ native and considered by many to be the go-to guy for history of Bear bows and Bear archery equipment. Knowing the original owner, I had no doubt the signature was real.

During the dinner, public speaker and auction of other items before this one came up, I had a very hard time keeping seated. I often went to check on the current price of my auction and was standing there for it's closing. The signature was not mentioned on the auction information nor by the auctioneer. As last and final call went off, I was absolutely shocked to get this bow and quiver for a steal of $125. The bow itself was worth that. That night I showed others my newly beloved found treasure with it's signature and many couldn't believe it - no one else that I know of saw it. Too many were interested in the new bows, blinds and treestands or hunts to even pick up the quiver and look at it. Before leaving, I had one guy offer me $200 for it.

To date it is one of my most prized Bear recurves and the quiver, well, it means a lot to me. Shamefully, I must say I missed about 10 carp with the bow about 2 weeks back. I baby the bow, carefully not to bang it around or add any new scratches, but I love shooting and using old beaut's like this. The quiver however stays in my office.
Attachments
Bear_Kodiak_Magnum_and_quiver.jpg
Bear Kodiak Magnum and signed Bear Quiver
Bear_Kodiak_Magnum_and_quiver.jpg (207.19 KiB) Viewed 582 times
Bear_Kodiak_Magnum_quiver_close.jpg
Bear Kodiak Magnum in near mint condition
Bear_Kodiak_Magnum_quiver_close.jpg (206.73 KiB) Viewed 582 times
Fred_Bear_signature_quiver.jpg
Fred Bear autographed quiver 1977
Fred_Bear_signature_quiver.jpg (126.86 KiB) Viewed 582 times
Concept Believer - faith in your archery equipment
Concept P50 - 9 for 11 on gray squirrels